- Preparation time 30 minutes
- Cooking time 6 minutes per paratha
- Makes 10-12 paranthas depending on size of dough balls
- Sher atta 2 cups
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) ¼ tsp
- Red chili (crushed) ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds (saunf) 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1/3 tsp
- Green chili (finely chopped) 1 tbsp
- Garlic (finely chopped) 2 cloves
- Fresh coriander (finely chopped) 2 tbsp
- Spring onion (chopped) ½ cup
- Spinach (chopped) 1 cup
- Desi ghee 2 tbsp
- Water as required for kneading
Take Sher Atta in a bowl, add carom seeds, crushed red chili, fennel seeds, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
Add finely chopped green chili, garlic, fresh coriander, spring onion, spinach to the flour mixture and mix well.
Add desi ghee and knead stiff dough with water. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Make equal sized small balls from the dough and roll flat. (If require use dry flour as per need)
Heat the tawa on low heat and place the rolled parantha on it. Let it cook slightly from one side then add desi ghee and turn over for frying. Fry until golden brown from both sides. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.