- Preparation time 30 minutes
- Cooking time 6 minutes per paratha.
- Makes 10-12 paranthas depending on size of dough balls
- Sher atta 2 cups
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tbsp or to taste
- Green chili (finely chopped) 4
- Desi ghee 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Fresh fenugreek leaves (Methi) 2 cup (chopped)
- Water as required for kneading
- Ghee for frying
Take Sher Atta in a bowl, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, chopped green chili and mix.
Add desi ghee, ginger garlic paste and mix again. Mix in the yogurt.
Add chopped methi and knead into a stiff dough with water.
Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Make equal sized small balls from the dough and roll flat. (If required use dry flour to help with the rolling)
Heat the tawa on low heat and place the rolled parantha on it. Let it cook slightly from one side then add desi ghee and turn over for frying. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
Garnish with sliced green chilies.
Serve with mint sauce and zeera raita.