- Daikon (grated) 1 cup
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) ½ tsp
- White cumin seeds (roasted and crushed) 1tsp
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp or as per taste
- Ginger (chopped) 2 tsp
- Dried red chili (crushed) 1 tsp
- Green chili (chopped) 1 tsp
- Daikon leaves (chopped) 1 cup
- Sher atta 2 cups
- Salt 1 pinch
- Desi ghee 2 tbs
- Water as required for kneading
Grate daikon and add a generous pinch of salt to it. Let it rest for 10 minutes then squeeze out excess water using muslin cloth. Add grated and squeezed daikon, carom seeds, white cumin seeds, garam masala powder, salt, chopped ginger, dried red chili, chopped green chili, chopped daikon leaves and mix well. Add 2 tbs of Sher atta to absorb extra moisture and mix well. Take Sher flour (atta) in a bowl, add salt and desi ghee and knead the dough soft with water. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes. Make equal sized small balls from the dough. Roll the two balls flat of same size and place the daikon mixture between these, seal the edges and roll again. Heat the tawa on medium heat and place the rolled parantha on it. Let it cook lightly from one side then add desi ghee and turn over for frying. Fry until golden brown from both sides.
Serve hot with salad, seasoned yogurt or pickle.