Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes
- 1 Block Nanak Paneer, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons besan lightly toasted (toasting is important)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi crushed
- Cilantro paste (recipe below)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper, chopped into large bite size pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped into large bute size pieces
METHOD TO PREPARE :-
For the cilantro paste (yeilds about ⅓ cup) - grind ½ bunch washed cilantro, along with 1 inch piece of ginger, 2-3 garlic cloves, 2-3 green chillies, juice of 1 lime to form a thick paste. Add very little water while grinding.
Prepare the marinade - to a large bowl add yogurt, besan, red chilli powder, amchur, mustard oil, kasuri methi, cilantro paste, salt and pepper. Mix till it well combined.
Add paneer and peppers to the marinade, toss till well combined. Let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
To air fry the paneer - arrange the paneer slices and peppers in a single layer in a preheated air fryer and air fry for 10 minutes flipping half way through. You may have to do this in batches
You can also grill the paneer in an outdoor grill or bake it on the oven.